Friday, December 19, 2008

Building a Better Blog

I may or may not end up writing on here instead of livejournal. Blogger is much cleaner. Is it weird that I base my blogging preferences on the cleanliness of the graphic design? Maybe that's what being a grown up is. 

As is usually the case, I got the urge to write within a day or two of being off of tour, and the main reason is that I'm already going insane from lack of activities. The last time I came home from tour I realized that I go through a bout of true depression at the end of each tour.  It seemingly stems from being surrounded by a group of good people all the time and seeing/meeting other people in new cities each night for two months followed by a feeling of stagnancy and loneliness. 

This is further compounded for me right now by being stuck at my parents' house with no car, in a city where I don't really talk to anyone who's actually home for the holiday. I haven't lived here since I was 17, so it doesn't really feel like home for me at all. I can't wait to get back to Denver and see all the people that I have missed so much there. 

I've been trying to figure out if I have art supplies or something to do to occupy myself, but I'm pretty sure I took everything with me last year when I moved my car and most of what I had left at my parents' house to Denver. Instead, I've spent a lot of quality time with Netflix instant streaming movies. And 30 Rock. Lots of 30 Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment