Thursday, March 12, 2009

Never Forget?

Well, this is my obligatory "I'm about to leave for tour" post. 

Today I've been putting things away in my room and trying to neaten it up some before I leave. I'm also packing at the same time. I've never done a tour where I actually get picked up by the bus in the city I live in. Somehow, it's making it harder for me to pack. I'm always worried I'm going to leave something I might want in the next two months. Even though I can literally take something from my room, walk outside, and put it on the bus. 

See, the bus is picking us up from my house. And by us, I mean Kam and I. The guys will be flying to Cancun and Panama City for MTV spring break stuff and flying to meet the bus in Austin. Courtney is flying with them. James will be meeting them in Panama City to mix sound for the TV performance. Adam's band has a show in Denver the night the bus is leaving, so he'll be driving down with his band to SXSW. So that leaves Kam and me.

There's going to be a bunch of equipment and suitcases left at my house this weekend before everyone flies off, and Kam and I get to load the trailer on our own and party our way down to Austin while Johnny P drives us.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not very stoked about the music I'm going to be listening to every night for two months. But everyone in our camp is going into this telling each other that we're going to have fun no matter what. I think it'll work out. And I hear through mutual friends that at least a couple of the other bands are good dudes. We've got some pretty sweet merch this tour. I'm mostly excited about having letterman jacket hoodies much like the four year strong ones (but better in my opinion). I made a public myspace profile to friend kids and post pictures of the merch so they're even more excited about it and so I take away a little bit of the intimidation factor. I think I scare the 15 year olds.

Last night I hung out while Nat was practicing songs at the Oriental Theater with Kam and Adam. Seeing road cases really cemented that it's almost time to go. I learned about our new monitor and wireless rack because I want to be stage managing the guys this summer on warped in addition to doing merch. I don't know if I'm setting myself up to be stressed the hell out or intelligently expanding my skill set.

2 comments:

  1. letterman jackets, huh? where on earth did you get the idea for those??

    ReplyDelete
  2. not my idea duder. haha. they put the order in before I even knew we were doing 'em.

    ReplyDelete